Yesterday


I cannot explain why but I always feel compelled to bake on hot days... its a strange compulsion as I inevitably make the house hotter by having the oven running. Anyway, yesterday was a beautiful day here in Melbourne with a top temperature close to 30 degrees Celsius and I baked a loaf of Banana bread. It is quite yummy. This is the recipe, which I found via Bubhub;

Banana Bread
3 peeled ripe bananas
3/4 cup honey or golden syrup
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
1 1/2 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a large bowl, mash up the bananas with the back of a fork. Add the melted butter. Add bicarb soda, flour, and honey. Stir until everything is mixed together. Pour the mix into an oiled loaf tin. Bake for 1 hour.

1 comments:

  1. That looks great, I have to try it. And so few ingredients. Its cold here so it should go down a treat.

    ReplyDelete